Design is an essential skill for any public sectors, especially programming. Knowing a little design will help you go further on the path of career development. Therefore, i will introduce some web design and image resources that many programmers prefer to use.
Web design and image resources
Create and Edit images
Next up is Pixelmator, which is unfortunately an app for Mac operating systems only. However, many people still prefer it because the price is much cheaper than Photoshop, and what it brings is really impressive.
Other tools for web deign
- Pablo: Used to quickly create images for social channels, it is very convenient whenever you want to share your article to the community.
- remove.bg: This is a great tool for removing backgrounds from photos.
- Duotone: If you want your wallpaper to become more unique quickly, Duotone will help you. The app allows you to upload a photo and add effects to it.
- Squoosh: You should use an image compression tool like Squoosh when you want to reduce the size of your images while ensuring quality. This is also a way to optimize web performance for your website.
Icon illustration free for web deisgn
Design skills that many programmers are not good at is designing icons or drawing illustrations. Fortunately, there are many resources from other designers, and they are willing to share these valuable assets for free for you.
- Feather Icon: There are many simple icon sets. You can easily get them into React applications using the React Feather package, or easier than simply downloading the SVG raw icons.
- React Kawaii: If you are urgently in need of a reusable picture set to make your app more beautiful, React Kawaii is the choice for you.
- OpenMoji: The name says it all. Instead of using existing Apple emojis, you can use OpenMoji. It allows you to download copyrighted and open source code for your convenience.
- unDraw: A huge list of pre-made illustrations for different purposes.
- humaaans: Another great resource pack for putting scenes and characters together.
Enhance the design of the programming people!
Design is not necessarily colorful and complex. Today, users are very fond of simple and consistent designs. These include Apple’s minimalist designs.
The best part of minimalist design is that it’s not hard to learn. Simply put, just remove the less important elements from the user interface, add whitespace, use a consistent color palette, and make sure you design a “clean” interface.
You need a lot of time to learn how to improve the UX of websites and applications. Besides, it is also necessary to learn how to build a brand and develop a personal brand properly.