Once you’ve installed a wordpress plugin, you should know how to use it. Of course, each plugin has a different usage, but the fact is that if you know how to use a few plugins, then touching the following plugins is not difficult. In this article, I will show you how to use a wordpress plugin.
The plugin that I introduce here is TinyMCE Advanced – this plugin has the function of extending the function of the content editor area to enrich you to decorate your article better.
Understanding wordpress plugin
Before installing any plugin, you should learn through it to see if it has the functions you need. First, go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/ to find and browse the plugin’s information. Since you already know it in the previous article, next we will install the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, by type its name in the plugin search area.
Then click directly on the TinyMCE Advanced plugin to view information.
On the information page, you will see a lot of information about it such as (Description), how to install & use (Installation), frequently asked questions (FAQ), images of plugins (Screenshots) , update history (Changelog), statistics (Stats), support (Support), (Reviews)
Not all plugins have all the above parts, but its depending on what the developer offers, i recommend you should care Description, Installation and Screenshots section.
If you find the number of downloads is high and compatible with the latest WordPress version you have (Requires), then this is a good plugin, regularly updated and trusted by many users.
OK, now we decided to install the TinyMCE Advanced plugin for the above reasons.
Install TinyMCE Advanced plugin
To install new wordpress plugin, you go to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New and type the name of the plugin to install and Activate it . If you don’t know how to install, review the previous article below here
Find and settings wordpress plugin
Each plugin will provide a custom area for you to settings option, few just need to activate and run . The plugin settings mostly located in the Settings menu on admin Dashboard. So, after installing the plugin, hover over the Settings (Some plugins may contain custom sections, sometimes a separate menu) to see if there are any custom areas related to the plugin.
There are also a few cases, this custom area may be a separate link on the Dashboard menu, or sometimes in the Tools, Appearance section, but most of it is located in Settings so please go into it first.
This TinyMCE Advanced plugin has a custom area in the Settings section, click on it to start.
Use new wordpress plugin
We have just installed the TinyMCE Advanced plugin and already settings, we know that this plugin will work in the content editor area, to check it we go to add new post -> content editor area.
Well, it worked!!!
Best 9 plugin wordpress needs to be installed
- JetPack – A set of useful tools for WordPress (can not install at localhost).
- Akismet – Anti-spam comments.
- Advanced TinyMCE – Add editing buttons to WordPress.
- Yoast SEO – Best SEO support for WordPress.
- WP Super Cache – Create caching to speed up website.
- iThemes Security – The most common security plugin for WordPress.
- Contact Form 7 – Create the best contact form.
- Responsive Lightbox by dFactory – Create a lightbox effect when clicking on photos to view larger images.
- ReplyMe – Send notification when someone replies to comments.
Those are the plugins that I think you should install in any kind of website, of course, besides the above plugins, you can install any other plugin that you think is suitable.
Tips how to use wordpress plugin wisely
In this article I have talk about what should we do how to install and use wordpress plugin. But be aware that, not every plugin is suitable for your website – sometimes plugin also conflicts with each other, so I have some tips for you below here:
- Limit the installation of too many plugins because it will affect the speed of your website.
- Do not install two or more plugins that have the same functionality
- Do not install plugins shared at unreliable sources because it is less secure.
- Look for and install plugins at WordPress.Org.
- Regularly updating the plugin, every time a new version is released, it will be notified via your Dashboard and it will automatically update with one click.