VPS (Vitrual Private Servers) is a solution for websites that out of bandwidth, usually for website exceeds 5,000 visits .
Typically, the price of a VPS package ranges from at least $25/ month to a hundred usd depending on demand of each provider. So, how to use a VPS for only $5/ month? That is using the Cloud VPS service at DigitalOcean.
The advantages of VPS at DigitalOcean
Using VPS at DigitalOcean has many advantages below here:
- Money calculated by hour and will summarize, deducting money in the account at the end of the month. When you delete the vps, it will not deduct money from your account anymore.
- You can create multiple vps on one account.
- Support multiple Linux operating systems when installing.
- Support netoworking, monitoring, API kurbernets, databases, etc , suitable for scaling systems like Load Balancing.
- Support automatically backup data.
How to create account and VPS at DigitalOcean
To register an account click the Sign Up button. Click here (you will be given $ 50 to the account)
Then enter your email with your login password, you will login later with your email name.
How to create VPS at Digital Ocean
To create a VPS, log in to your account and click the Create Droplet button located above the left hand menu. (Manage -> Droplets -> Create Droplets)
Then you can choose a plan
Choose a datacenter region: Select the server location
Choose an image: Select the operating system for the server. (default is Ubuntu)
After entering the button, click Create Droplet and wait for about 60 seconds. The password for root login will be emailed to your DigitalOcean account.
How to add Credit card or Paypal to DigitalOcean
Before recharging, remember that your money will be charged based on the number of hours spent. They leave the price list $5/ month which means you will lose $5 if you let VPS run 24h/day/4 weeks. And the lowest limit deposit amount is $5, this vps is too cheap and economical.
To add creditCard, you need to login and see on the left hand menu (Account -> Billing)
Then you click tab Billing and scroll down to Payment methods
From here you can add Credit/Debit Card or pay via Paypal.