I choose Godaddy because of their professionalism and they are the largest domain name service provider in the world with millions of customers managing domain names here. This means that your domain names at Godaddy will ensure safety, no dispute issues when it is owned by you, as well as very convenient for payment.
Before buying, you need to prepare:
- Visa or Mastercard has money in it, specifically, you should prepare about $15 if you want to buy a domain.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info.
- A scanned copy of your identity card with 2 sides, clearly showing your name, address and photo. Also, if possible, you should prepare a 2-sided scan of your Visa or Mastercard.
Tips before buying domain names
Before buying, to avoid unnecessary problems, I have some tips for you:
- When input name , you must declare the name without any special characters.
- When input your address, you must declare the same address as your identity card, no matter where you are.
- When input a phone number, you must include the country code and the remove the first zero on your number
- Make sure your international credit card is activated and payable, if not sure you should contact the bank staff where you make the card to confirm.
How to register a domain name at godaddy
To register a domain, go to godaddy to start regist your own account. Then type the domain name to register in the search box and click Search Domain Name button to Godaddy to check whether your domain name is available or not.
If it says “Sorry, yourdomain is taken”, that means this domain name has already been registered by another person, you can see some of their suggested domain names right below or find another domain.
And if it displays “domain is available” that means this domain you can register and click the Continue to Cart button to pay.
When you go to the shopping cart page, it will ask if you want to use other value-added services, i recommend you should not select anything and press the Continue to Cart button.
After that, you choose the time to buy domain name, it is best to regist 1 year and then you can renew it if you want to use it again.
Then you will need to declare personal information at Billing Information
- First Name: Name
- Last Name: Last name
- Country / Region: Country
- Address 1: Address of line No. 1
- Address 2: Address of line No. 2 (no need to fill in)
- Zip / Postal: You can get postal code here
- State / Privince / Region: Province / County /
- Company Name: Company name, enter the name of the website also.
- Phone Number:
- Value-Added Tax (VAT): The type of tax that applies, if you are registering on an individual basis, select Personal, register on the company’s behalf, select Business.
After that you scroll down to the payment information section, you need enter the bank card number, security code (3 or 4 numbers behind your credit card), your FULL NAME printed on credit card and the expire date. You can use PayPal , but I recommend to use credit card
After input all necessary information, click Continue . Finally, press the Place Order button to proceed with the order and it will automatically withdraw money from your card.
After they charge for domain service, it will display Thank you page , that means you have successfully registered. After this step, you will be granted a domain within a few minutes because it is completely automatic. But remember to check your email because sometimes the domain has not been granted yet, they will send you an email request your personal authentication. At this point, you should attach photos of your identity card and credit card.