Windows Phone 8 Architecture Hardware and Software
Posted on 25 May, 2019 by Administrator
Windows Phone 8 OS is the first mobile use Windows 8 NT, which will offer better support for drivers, multimedia and graphics capabilities of the device.
1. Standard Hardware:
To bring about a unified experience for users when different devices have installed Windows Phone 8, Microsoft has launched a number of constraints on the hardware for these devices:
- Equipped with 6 hardware buttons: back, Start, search, 2-stage camera, power / sleep and volume buttons.
- There are multi-touch screen support at least 4 simultaneous touch points.
- Support one of the 3 size screen resolution is: "WVGA 800 × 480 15: 9", "WXGA 1280 x 768 15: 9", "720p 1280 x 720 16: 9".
- Equipped with minimal processor ARM v7 "Cortex / Scorpion" - Snapdragon.
- Graphics processor (GPU) rendering support DirectX9.
- Supporting data connections over mobile networks and WiFi.
- Equipped with 512MB RAM at least WVGA devices; and 1GB of RAM for devices 720p / WXGA.
- Support GPS.
- Support for accelerometer sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- Support FM Radio Tuner.
- In addition, Windows Phone 8 also supports a number of different hardware options: Compass (Compass), Gyro (rotational speed sensor), NFC ...
2. Windows Phone 8 Architecture Platform:
Another notable point in the architecture of Windows Phone 8 that it shared common core with Windows 8 platform (Shared Windows Core), this has major implications for end users, developers and all hardware manufacturers.
The main technology used in Windows Phone 8 is:
- .NET Framework 4.5
- C# 5.0
- VB. NET
- Silverlight 4.0
- C++, C++ CLI
- HTML 5
- Rx .NET (Reactive Extension for .NET): This is a library that contains APIs for applications that operate on the mechanism to push (push).
- Windows Runtime Interop: Mechanism supports communication between managed code (.NET) and Windows Runtime (WinRT).
Using of .NET 4.5, Windows Phone 8 allows us to use programming model asynchronous in its application a very easy way. This mechanism helps our applications operate more smoothly, avoiding users having to wait a long while downloading data applications ... and overall, it provides a better experience for users.
With Windows Phone 7.x versions before, the programmer can write games based on the XNA technology or XAML, however, in Windows Phone 8, we will not be able to use XNA to use some features of the system, such as: NFC, Wallet, Bluetooth API ..., instead of programmers now required to use C ++ and DirectX APIs in such cases.
In Windows Phone 8, there are three main ways to create applications that use HTML5, using .NET and use Native Code. Windows Phone 8 uses IE 10 as default browser with many improvements, supports HTML5 and CSS3 very good, help for web-based applications run faster and have better performance than previous versions. UI XAML allows us to create applications with basic graphical interface quickly with ingredients available. Meanwhile, DirectX helps us develop applications that require higher graphics capabilities (such as games).
3. Modern UI Style:
Modern UI Style is the name replacement for Metro UI that Microsoft has used previously (in addition it is also known under the name "Microsoft Design Style"). Modern UI Style is a new design which Microsoft put to use in Windows 8 and is now in the Windows Phone 8 Modern UI Style gives applications a modern interface, clear through the focus content, fonts and color information of the blocks.
With the advantage of over 1.3 billion people around the world are using the Windows platform, along with the close alliance between Microsoft with mobile giants Nokia and some other corporations, Windows Phone 8 platform already has been the strong progress in a short time. May 10/2012 Microsoft announced more than 125,000 applications available on the marketplace.
With determination and great investment from Microsoft so, whether the Windows Phone 8 platform can gain market share by mobile largely in the hands of Android and iOS?
New blog posts
8 June, 2019 by Administrator
1. String data type All programming...
2 June, 2019 by Administrator
1. Value and type Value is one of...
31 May, 2019 by Administrator
1. What is Python: Python is an Interpreter...