What’s the best seo plugin for wordpress
WordPress is widely known as an SEO friendly web platform. Therefore, to complete the SEO tasks well, the use of a properly optimized WordPress theme in combination with the best wordpress seo plugin is extremely necessary.
But now with hundreds of seo plugins available. It seems very difficult to choose the best wordpress seo plugin.
This article, I will review top 11 seo wordpress plugins in 2019 so you can easily choose.
But before exploring the plugins, let me look at the current SEO trends and ranking factors.
Latest Seo trends and ranking factors in 2019
Title tags are one of the most effective search signals. It provides the most accurate description of the content of the pages.
Using keywords in the title, meta description and header tag not only helps your website achieve high rankings on the SERP but also increases the number of visitors.
Content that is valuable and constantly updated will be good for Google. It will help your website rank higher on the search results pages.
Today’s customer requirements are getting stricter, not just basic information. So, good, useful content also helps your site get closer to users. Even more are shared, create more links.
In addition, the content must be long enough to cover many different aspects of the topic. Creating a quality content is an essential task to get high rankings on search engines.
Speed up your website on mobile devices
With the context of mobile users increasingly and constantly increasing as today.
Google’s AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) project promises to provide mobile users with highly optimized content at lightning speed.
AMP basically depends on dedicated HTML files. It is designed to load much faster than standard websites.
With AMP, you can provide mobile users with a better experience. Along with that you get more hits and get higher rankings on the search engines.
Google has shown that page load speed is one of the main factors determining the ranking of a website.
The fast first byte arrival time (the time that your browser receives the first byte of information from the server) can positively affect Google’s website index.
Structured data markup
Highlighting structured data helps increase your website’s visibility on search engines. First, it helps Google’s algorithms understand and index your content more effectively. Second, it creates an independent structure on the architecture of your website.
In addition to content, images should also be optimized so that they can send signals related to search engines through their captions, alt text and description.
Also you need to remember that images must have proper file format and be compressed for the website.
Using internal links brings a lot of benefits to the website. It not only improves website metrics but also enhances the user experience.
When search engines find that your website has a significant number of internal links. They will be more appreciated.
Robots.txt files play a very important role. It provides specific instructions for web crawlers to crawl on your site. It also helps prevent Google from indexing certain pages and images.
Sitemaps help search engines index your site more effectively. To cover all your web pages and indexes comprehensively, search engines really need sitemaps.
Check for 404 errors
Các 404 errors không chỉ là một sự phiền toái cho khách hàng mà nó còn ảnh hưởng tiêu cực đến thứ hạng trang web của bạn. 404 errors gây ra bounce rate cao.
Điều đó cũng đồng nghĩa với việc nếu các công cụ tìm kiếm quan sát thấy khách hàng truy cập nhanh chóng rời khỏi web của bạn trong vài giây, các thuật toán của nó sẽ cho rằng người dùng không tìm thấy được các thông tin mà họ đang tìm kiếm và do đó trang của bạn sẽ bị xóa khỏi kết quả tìm kiếm.
Use 301 redirection to point all your HTTP URLs to HTTPS. This redirection will help search engines know that a website has been permanently moved to another web address.
During this process, almost every seo element such as link juice, reliability, etc. owned by the original page is transferred.
Facebook OpenGraph, Twitter Cards
Social content is emerging as an integral part of the new seo strategy.
For example, you use google to search for an organization and search results pages will show Facebook and Twitter pages.
This indicates that users will be more attracted to social content than content available on other websites.
Therefore, you should focus on social media tools like Facebook OpenGraph, Twitter Cards to improve rankings for your page.
Along with that to get high rankings on search results pages, you should use good plugins for WordPress. Let’s explore these plugins with us.
Top 4 best WordPress plugins – all in one seo package plugins review
Yoast SEO (free / paid)
With over 4.5 million downloads, the average rating is 4.7 stars with thousands of reviews. Yoast seo is definitely one of the essential WordPress wordpress plugins.
In addition to improving seo for your website in all aspects, the plugin needed for this wordpress also helps optimize every technique for the website. It is equipped with lots of features to become a comprehensive plugin.
- Create better content: The article preview will allow you to see what your website or post will look like in search results.
- Page Analysis: This feature will help check many factors such as page length, meta description, focus keywords, …
- Meta and link elements: With this plugin, you have the right to determine whether or not pages show up on Google search results pages.
- XML sitemaps: With the most advanced XML sitemaps feature, this plugin automatically generates XML sitemaps and notifies Google and Bing of its existence (instead of having to install the Google XML Sitemaps plugin).
- Social integration: Yoast SEO is equipped with Facebook OpenGraph implementation to link SEO and social media.
- Multi-site compatibility: Unlike some of the other wordpress plugins, Yoast SEO is compatible with many websites.
- Breadcrumbs: This unique feature allows you to develop easy navigation for search engines and users.
- Integrating many features in a plugin needed for wordpress
- Simple, fast and easy to use
- Good feature, effective
- There are many security threats
- Web speed may be reduced when all features are activated at the same time
Ranking factors are focused on by Yoast seo
- Facebook OpenGraph and Twitter Cards
- XML sitemaps
Over the past few years, Google has rolled out a significant number of algorithms including Google Panda, Over optimization and Google Penguin.
Unlike some wordpress seo plugins currently still use the old technology. SEOPressor has been developed following the latest algorithms of Google.
- Keyword SEO score: With this feature you can track SEO score of target keywords.
- Optimization test: Sometimes webmasters make seo tips for their websites and are discovered by Google. SEOPressor will help you track these activities.
- LSI keywords: SEOPressor can measure your site’s semantic quality through its own proprietary formula called SemantiQTM. It makes this plugin capable of suggesting ways for you to enhance the signals for search engines.
- Automatic smart linking: With this feature, you can automatically add links and keywords to increase the average time on the site, reduce bounce rate, …
- Dynamic crawler control: With SEOPressor, you can navigate the web crawlers of search engines indexing your website.
- This is the best wordpress seo plugin that allows you to focus on your website SEO effectively.
- You will be refunded in 60 days if not satisfied with this plugin.
- Provide basic information about seo.
- There will be some difficulties in working with seo beginners.
- Customer support is not good.
- Negative influence on your blog.
The ranking factors are paid attention by SEOPressor
- Social SEO
SEO Ultimate (free / paid)
SEO Ultimate is capable of importing and exporting data from various sources including the best third-party wordpress seo plugins.
- Deeplink Juggernaut: This feature allows you to set up keywords automatically. Seo Ultimate will automatically create internal links on your website.
- Code Inserter: This allows you to add code to the header, footer, before and after content.
- File editor: You can edit robots.txt files directly in your WordPress dashboard.
- 404 monitor: It allows you to track 404 errors in your website.
- Rich snippets: This section will help users easily find your site from which the number of visits also increases.
- Social media optimizing: To optimize social media, SEO Ultimate will automatically create an open chart for your posts and websites.
- Title tag rewriter: With this feature you can edit page titles, posts as well as categories.
- Author Highlighter: This feature allows you to display the author name of the articles in search engines.
- Offers many useful features
- Customize permalinks for any custom taxonomies
- Beginners will have some difficulty in manipulating
- Update features slowly
Ranking factors that SEO Ultimate focuses on
- Check for 404 errors
- Social SEO
Premium SEO Pack (paid)
Premium SEO Pack is the best known seo wordpress plugin which is fully equipped with useful seo features including social sharing, image optimization and SERP tracking.
This comprehensive vs high quality plugin will give you everything to optimize your website.
- Backlink Builder: With this feature you can easily add your site to the directories of other websites.
- W3C validator: This feature allows you to check markup of posts, pages and custom taxonomies.
- Page speed insights: It allows you to monitor the website speed of individual posts on desktop or on mobile devices.
- Monitor 404: With this feature, you can track 404 pages.
- SEO friendly images: This feature automatically updates all images and appropriate ALT and title attributes.
- Facebook Planner: You can post your content to Facebook with the help of this feature.
- Provide video of sitemap
- Batch analysis and optimization
- The link builder is not on the same page as the current seo activities
- There is no RSS settings
The ranking factors that Premium SEO Pack focuses on
- Page speed
- 404 monitoring
- Social SEO
- Title and meta settings
Top 7 SEO Plugin needed for WordPress website
Org Rich Snippet (free) – Content optimization
All features in Schema.org Rich Snippet are used to markup posts / pages with rich snippets. It provides search engines with accurate and important information to include in the Rich Snippet.
This piece of information is highly interactive, containing images, authors, etc. that help your website stand out and rank higher in the SERPs.
The content type is optimized
- Software Application
- Easy to set up
- Support many rich snippet types
- Lack of customization and design options
- Does not provide markup support to local businesses
SEO Friendly Images (Free) – Optimize images
This best wordpress seo plugin automatically updates all your images with suitable ALT and TITLE attributes for seo purposes.
In case you have not installed ALT and TITLE attributes, this plugin will add options for you to easily choose.
By optimizing images, you can bring a large amount of traffic from image search engines.
- Category placeholders: Category name, store name, parent name
- Product placeholders: Product name, classification, supplier, price
- Blog placeholders: Post name and store
- Brand placeholders: Brands and store
- There is a lazy load feature that makes your website 50 – 70% faster
- Easy to set up
- The free version of SEO Friendly Images will not support some features. To use it, you must upgrade to the premium version of SEO Friendly Images.
SEO by SQUIRRLY (Free / Paid) – content optimization
There are hundreds of the best wordpress seo plugins that you can use to optimize seo for your website. SQUIRRLY will help you eliminate hazards in that optimization process.
This is one of the best wordpress seo plugins in optimizing your content for certain keywords. It will help you check the most important details in the content such as keywords appear in the title, content and URL.
- The light turns green when you comply with the requirements.
- The seo settings have not been changed.
- Track every aspect of your content marketing strategy.
- Keep track of your progress weekly.
- Suggest titles that match your seo keyword.
- Social intelligence helps you create better content.
- SQUIRRLY gives specific instructions through features that help you optimize the content.
- Beginners can still easily know how to use it
- Some features do not appear in the free version. To be able to use you need to upgrade to the Pro version.
Redirection (Free) – Technical
This best wordpress seo plugin helps you keep track of 404 errors, handling and 301 redirects. This is especially useful if you have changed your WordPress installation directory or are moving pages from a previous site.
- The custom ‘pass-through’ redirection allows you to pass a URL to another website or file.
- 404 error monitoring helps you capture 404 error logs and redirect them to 301 redirects.
- You can redirect all URLs.
- The statistic redirection notifies you of the number of redirects that occurred, when the time occurred, etc.
- Redirect is almost a common thing in most of the best wordpress seo websites and plugins that allow you to manage this process from the WordPress dashboard you have.
- Because it constantly scans your website for 404 errors, it requires a lot of server resources. That means your site speed is significantly reduced.
- Customer support is not yet good.
AMP for WP (Free) – Technical
As the development of mobile devices is getting bigger and bigger, making your website more agile is essential.
This best wordpress seo plugin automatically adds mobile acceleration functions to WordPress websites. From there increase the speed for your website. With this plugin, you can increase website speed on mobile devices with just a few mouse clicks.
- The Custom AMP Editor allows you to add various types of content, especially AMP.
- Mobile redirection allows users to have a faster experience. From there increase traffic and bounce rate.
- Custom AMP FrontPage
- Unlimited color
- Support Google Analytics
- Extremely good distribution
- There is no need for users to have knowledge of encryption
- WooCommerce integration
- Function is limited
- Not easy to manipulate
W3 Total Cache (Free/Paid) – Speed Optimization
Site speed is something that both Google and marketers attach great importance to. W3 Total Cache plugin expands and maintains a large amount of traffic without any problems.
This best wordpress seo plugin also enhances your seo and user experience for your website by reducing download time as well as increasing website performance through integrated CDN (content distribution network).
- Manage Transparent CDN with theme files, Media Library and WordPress.
- Compatible with dedicated / personal server and shared hosting.
- Support for Mobile Pages acceleration
- SSL support (Secure Sockets Layer)
- Feed caching is stored on CDN or on disk
- W3 Total Cache provides detailed explanations for each of its features.
- One of the best comprehensive wordpress seo plugin hosting for websites provided by WordPress.
- W3 Total Cache is not among the best easy to use wordpress seo plugins
- The free version will not be fully supported
Remove Query Strings from Static Resources (Free) – Speed Optimization
Currently there are many tools used to analyze website speed such as GTmetrix, Google speed insights, … These tools will analyze and find out the reasons why your website speed is reduced. One of the causes is query strings.
- Special plugin for Linux server
- Minimum PHP version 5.5 required
- Can be used as a module-plugin
- Improve speed scores in tools like Pingdom, PageSpeed, YSlow, …
- Lack of reviews and discussions to support
- You need to consult your server or IT team before you can install this good wordpress plugin.
Currently, there are hundreds of seo plugins for wordpress available on the web. The list of 11 plugins that I mentioned in this article are the most commonly used plugins. Especially they are able to solve almost every problem that many web masters encounter.
In case you are using many of the best wordpress seo plugins, they are the cause of slowing down your website speed. Ideally, you should deactivate plugins that you do not use often and reactivate them as needed.
Finally, if none of the best WordPress seo plugins can improve your website rankings in the SERPs, you should consider and switch to a better WordPress hosting provider.
Be smart, think actively and wisely in choosing offline.